Re: Document incipit command (issue 232180043 by address@hidden)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Document incipit command (issue 232180043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 13:09:15 +0000

On 2015/05/05 12:07:32, mail_philholmes.net wrote:

I read the CG on *index entries, and experimented a fair amount, but
never
quite got to understand the difference.

Is cindex the Command index only?  Should it be @cindex \incipit or
@cindex
incipit?  Or both? And funindex is the main index, which therefore
separates
the \ entries from the others with alpha sorting?

It is a bit of a mess, but we never agreed on the best way to sort it
out.

cindex is the Concept index and feeds into App E - the general index -
only.
funindex feeds into the command index, App D, and also into the "\"
section of App E.

(Correct me if that's wrong - I'm relying on a 4-year old memory here.)

Anyway, we decided to continue to add more rather than fewer index
entries so if we ever decided to separate them some other way we'd have
all the entries available.

So in addition to your two entries I would suggest adding

@cindex incipits, adding

or some such.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/232180043/