Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by ad

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 11:58:22 +0000

On 2015/05/17 10:44:36, dak wrote:

Well, I remain unenthused about the new name.  Maybe get a vote on the
user
list, with options \absolute x'', \fixed x'', \octave x''?  I think
those were
pretty much the terms mentioned significantly more than once.

The proper name for this would \absoluteWithFixedOctaveOffset, but
that's too long and the acronym is similarly uninspiring.  All three of
the proposed options appear in this name, so the question is, "Which
alludes most memorably to the actual function?".  At the risk of going
round in circles, on reconsidering in this light, I rather favour
retaining \absolute.  The other terms are modifiers to the primary
function; the offset is both apparent and optional, "absolute" is used
in the text and is an established concept.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/