Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hi

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 13:06:26 +0000

On 2015/05/24 22:56:44, Keith wrote:
I think whiteout-stencil should simply call this function, with the
defaults
suggested, so that the existing
\set Xx.whiteout=##t and \markup\whiteout use this new method.

I’ve always been unhappy with the current method for whiteout (which I
have also been using in rounded-box-stencil, nevertheless). LilyPond
scores’ background is _not_ white, but alpha transparent. Look for
example at the way Frescobaldi displays PDF scores by default, or at the
picture attached to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-05/msg00522.html

So, ideally \whiteout should mimic this behavior rather than cover stuff
with a layer of white paint. Not sure how to do that, though.

https://codereview.appspot.com/236480043/