Re: PDF is broken for @notation{} encoding

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PDF is broken for @notation{} encoding
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 10:23:01 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Thanks.  The process as I outlines it basically assumes a single
culprit.  It may make sense to verify sometimes that the untested half
indeed behaves as expected (namely opposite to the tested half).  This
additional check will make sense particularly at the start of the
process (when one determines the behavior when deleting the whole first
half of the diff) and at the end (when one determines which of two
definitions might make the whole difference).

Obviously we cannot test all possible 2^32 combinations.  But about 2 to
3 more tests over the 5 tests needed under the assumption that exactly
one definition is at fault would likely clarify things more.