Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 08:20:51 +0200

James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks David,
>
> https://developers.google.com/gdata/docs/auth/overview?csw=1
>
> That explains why test-patchy (and probably accept/reject-patchy) don't
> work either.
>
> I tried to see if I could figure it out, but I couldn't.
>
> test-patches.py calls projecthosting_patches.py which imports a bunch of
> gdata files - including auth.py and gauth.py.
>
> After that I couldn't work out if it was just case of commenting a few
> lines out or downloading some files to replace the ones in
> lilypond-extra/patches/

git-cl currently appears to be maintained in "depot_tools" which can be
cloned from
"https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/tools/depot_tools.git";.
This version of git-cl does not have the LilyPond-specific patches.  You
need to authenticate separately with depot_auth before using it.  No
idea what would happen if you first identificated using depot_auth and
then used our git-cl with the current upload.py.  Or something.

And no idea what this means for Patchy.