Re: git-cl upload has stopped working?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 22:17:00 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> On 27/05/15 09:43, David Kastrup wrote:
>> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I tried uploading about 4 hours ago but I don't get anything except
>>>
>>>      result = func(*args)
>>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 558, in http_error_default
>>>      raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
>>> urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>>>
>>> (all previous attempts were without option -n but that did not work
>>> either).
>>>
>>> Do we maybe need to upgrade the connection type to https here?  If so,
>>> how?  Does someone keep track of some upstream git-cl?
>>>
>>> Or is this likely to be just a temporary outage?
>> Well, if you try to navigate through Rietveld and upload something
>> manually, it offers you to download and use "upload.py" for that (we
>> have our own version of it in the git-cl directories).  And if you use
>> that freshly Google-provided upload.py version, look and behold: same
>> problem.
>>
>> So I'll chalk it up to a temporary server problem.  Or a Python
>> version/library problem.  At any rate nothing that would likely budge by
>> changing our version of git cl.
>>
> Well there is something going on, if you run ./test-patchy.py you get
> an 'incorrect username or password' error.
>
> I know that it was working last night.

Asked Han-Wen.  What's going on is that password authentication is no
more with Google.

<URL:http://googledevelopers.blogspot.ch/2015/02/reminder-clientlogin-shutdown-scheduled.html>

So what I did was pressed "Create Issue" on codereview.appspot.com which
tells you to use update.py and provides a download for it.  So I
downloaded it, overwrote the version in the git-cl directory (which does
not know about oauth2) with it, edited the --oauth2 option to default to
True (since I did not figure out how upload.py is getting called by
git-cl).

So now git-cl -n works again.  But git cl does not just need to
communicate with Rietveld.  Everything else (which basically means
Google Code) doesn't, consequently.  So neither does Patchy.

Got a headache now.  But at least I updated issue 4422 with a Rietveld
review.  Even though Patchy can't comment on it.