Re: Create a module variable access system for C++ (issue 249920043 by a

From: dak
Subject: Re: Create a module variable access system for C++ (issue 249920043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:30:15 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/249920043/diff/40001/lily/include/lily-modules.hh
File lily/include/lily-modules.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/249920043/diff/40001/lily/include/lily-modules.hh#newcode39
lily/include/lily-modules.hh:39: Scm_module (const char *name);
On 2015/06/29 23:54:30, Dan Eble wrote:
explicit?  Implicit construction coupled with implicit conversion to
SCM could
lead to surprises.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.  Apparently you are
arguing for the "explicit" keyword.  We don't use any C++11 feature
elsewhere in LilyPond.

At any rate, C++ conversion rules do not permit using two implicit
conversions in a row.  You need a cast or an intermediate assignment to
get both.  So I don't see what surprise we are supposed to get here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/249920043/