Re: Allura at SF is ready

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Allura at SF is ready
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 10:51:53 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:34 AM

> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> What doesn't work is a link to a specific comment.  They take you
>> back to the start of the issue, not the comment.  But as the old
>> comments are all linear it is possible to count down to find the
>> specific comment.  This could be corrected manually, but it
>> hardly seems to be worth the effort.
>
> Sounds more like a job for a script.

It would be tricky.  The script would need to find all
issues with a GC reference by a search, look in each
one to find the GC reference, check if this ended in a
#c; if it did, it would need to open the referenced
issue, count down to the appropriate comment, copy out
the link field, go back to the original issue, edit it
to paste in the link field and save.

There are only 60 GC refs in the DB, and only some fraction
of them would have a comment-specific ref.  I haven't
found a search that would extract just these (yet).  But
even so, I'd find doing it manually would be quicker.
Script experts might differ!

Trevor