Re: Patch status cleanup - apologies in advance

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Patch status cleanup - apologies in advance
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:04:10 +0100

James Lowe wrote Saturday, September 19, 2015 1:14 PM

> I hope people don't mind, but I am doing a bit of housekeeping with some
> of the issues so that it makes it easier for me to search 'current'
> issues vs issues that have been closed for days/weeks/months/years.
>
> The bulk-edit facility make this easy but I fear it will generate a lot
> of emails to those that are subscribed - for that I apologize in advance.

It's a pity you didn't test this before doing a bulk edit, as it causes all
discussion about the affected issues to vanish.  You'll have to go back and
edit them all again to recover the discussion (hopefully this will work!).
Yes, it looks like a bug, but it is one we've mentioned several times on the
list, together with the work-around.  Unless this is done there is no way to
tell if there is any discussion or not.

Trevor