Re: problems with build and/or test-baseline

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: problems with build and/or test-baseline
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:30:23 +0200

Il giorno dom 20 set 2015 alle 13:09, James Lowe <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Actually - having just tested installing a 'clean' Fedora 22 and then before doing any kind of update to the ISO image I have this as the simple steps:

--snip--

Fedora 22

Files installed for LilyPond compilation

1. sudo dnf builddep lilypond --nogpgcheck
2. sudo dnf install autoconf
3. sudo dnf install gcc-c++

Download http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/whole/tg-2.005otf.zip
Extract zip
Use 'configure --with-texgyre-dir=/path/to/tex-gyre-otf-files/'
or copy extracted dir to '~/.fonts' directory before compiling.

4. sudo dnf remove texi2html (this removes the 5.x version that gets installed) 5. Download texi2htm 1.82 from http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/texi2html/
(unzip then ./configure, make, make install - with root privs)

Optional
sudo dnf install tk (for Lily-git.tcl)
sudo dnf install gitk (for a Git gui)

--snip--

It was just easier to go and get the whole tex-gyre zip file (as per Hosada-san's instructions)

I would not suggest this complex way in the CG, as this is not needed in a up-to-date Fedora 22, which installs automatically the texgyre fonts. The dependencies are listed here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/lilypond.spec

The 'gotcha' for me was the tex-2html version that either comes with the build-dep install - I'd need to clarify that, but I definitely needed to remove the 5.x package and get the earlier one. I didn't know if it was possible to use a 'dnf' command to get that earlier package, I am guessing not and for the sake of how trivial it is to download/make/install tihs older version, it seemed simpler perhaps than finding some older repo and using that.

I don't think that it's possible downgrading to 1.82, because I can't see this version in fedora 22 repositories. There's no need to remove the 5.x package: version 1.82 is installed in /usr/local, which has higher priority on /usr/bin. Be sure to open a new terminal so that settings are reloaded. Here's what I get:

$ which -a texi2html
/usr/local/bin/texi2html
/usr/bin/texi2html
/bin/texi2html

$ texi2html --version
1.82

$ /usr/bin/texi2html --version
5.0

Over the next few days, I am going to update the CG with the various instructions for the most 'popular' distros (Linux Mint inc 17.x and LMDE, Ubuntu 14.x - 15.x, Fedora 22 and OpenSUSE), they're all quite similar but differ slightly enough to be annoying - and cause users to possibly send emails to the dev list asking for help. In all cases I did test make, make test-baseline/check and make doc.