Python help, please

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Python help, please
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 14:47:17 +0000 (UTC)

I'm working on an Allura version of git-cl and making some progress.
However, I want to store some configuration data in the same way that git-cl
does: it uses git config to do it, and provides some handy functions to
allow settings to be retrieved and changed.  The functions are in the class
Settings in the file git-cl.

Is there a way that I can access these functions from another module?  I
can't use import, because that seems not to allow a hyphen, and git_cl =
__import__("git-cl") doesn't work.

TIA