Re: Recent checkins break 'make' on staging

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Recent checkins break 'make' on staging
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 06:11:00 +0000

Hello,

On 03/02/16 19:26, David Kastrup wrote:
Paul Morris <address@hidden> writes:

On Feb 3, 2016, at 1:38 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Can someone help? Or perhaps remove these entries from staging for the
time being?
I'll back out issue 4752 and let you cater for further cleanup.  Holler
if further help is needed.
Thanks David and James.  Sorry these patches are not working for some
reason.  I’ll try to take a closer look soon.

Any ideas on why make succeeded both for me and for James during
testing / code review, but not now on staging?  (Also, the LilyPond
that I built using make worked fine for me when I was testing out the
new functionality.)  Seems odd...
Different GCC versions are a typical cause.  Not using
--disable-optimising (alternatively --enable-checking) when testing is
another.  Having forgotten to check in some new file also happens
regularly.

Thanks David, I've always use --disable-optimising for 'configure' when testing, do you know if I should be running --enable-checking 'as well' or 'instead' or both together or using the --enable-checking switch explicitly when running one of the other commands (i.e. make instead of configure)?

Regards

James

--
James

-------

B8F4 5395 CBE2 ED37 7513 B075 FF32 5682 A84B D8BE