Re: Doc: CG 3.3 separate commits and patches subsections (issue 28548004

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: Doc: CG 3.3 separate commits and patches subsections (issue 285480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:01:59 +0000

On 2016/02/12 12:49:06, benko.pal wrote:

do we really need to talk about patches at all in the preferred (i.e.
Rietveld-based) workflow?
(do we really need any more about non preferred ways than "ask on
devel"?)

Good question... maybe, maybe not, but I think that deserves a separate
issue/review and maybe a discussion on the dev list.

(Currently anyone contributing who does not have push access (like
myself) has to create patches as described in the "Making Patches"
section, after a review is over, and email them to James or someone with
push access who can push them.  So that section currently documents part
of our standard workflow, and just removing it is not so simple.  I
think revising the wording would help, and/or maybe changing the order
of the sections so that the git-cl/Rietveld section comes first.  But I
think that deserves its own issue/review, if not a dev list discussion.)

https://codereview.appspot.com/285480043/