Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 13:46:46 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> James <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I still cannot make doc and so cannot merge staging - and for those
>>> waiting on me to test new patches, I cannot do that with any great
>>> reliability either.
>>
>> Fiddlesticks.  I was afraid that this would be the case but it was worth
>> a try.
>>
>>> I am sorry this is incredibly frustrating.
>>
>> Sorry.
>>
>>> I don't have time right now to set up a LilyDev env to try it for
>>> myself and will not have the time until at least Saturday evening.
>>
>> I don't think that the problem can be reduced to a code generation issue
>> (which would explain that it gets seen only on certain systems likely
>> depending on GCC version and/or machine architecture) because the
>> changes of the incriminated patch do not introduce markedly different
>> code from before.  If anything, it removes code.
>>
>> --
>> David Kastrup
>
> FWIW, I checked out staging with your recent patch, i.e.:
> $ git log
> commit 193369dddc8adc492d3d98b6f1d00de11a31e9c4
> Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date:   Fri May 27 10:20:18 2016 +0200
>
>     Issue 4863: Protect Grob_interface<>::interface_symbol_
> [...]
>
> On my host system Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
> make doc
> fails with orchestra.ly as before

Yes, I reckoned so after James' report.  Without some backtrace or core
dump or recipe other than "run make doc" I cannot really track this
down.  It would not be feasible to look at the assembly code for all
affected code since this changes header files resulting in differences
in all engravers/translators.