Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 21:08:32 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> James,

>> Thomas,
>
>> I think this a a completely different issue that you have, perhaps,
>> self-inflicted here and this is just adding noise to the thread.
>>
>> Knut and I do not get these same errors as you and also note that we both
>> *can* compile doc prior to the one checkin that David did.
>
> I disagree.
> As soon as I commented every occurance of japanese in all relevant
> files I got the error on orchestra.ly with
> make LANGS='' doc
>
> Next I revised orchestra.ly.
> - I deleted some custom-context-definitons and put them directly via
> \with into the elevant contexts
> - multiple settings of \layout were summarized
> - numerous uses of \set instrumentName ... etc were put into \with as well
> The last point may be the most likely candidate for the problems with
> orchestra.ly, but I'm only guessing.
>
> Anyway, with this I got a successful run of `make LANGS='' doc'
>
> A diff is attached.
>
> I'll now checkout a fresh branch from master, apply Hosoda-san's patch from
> https://codereview.appspot.com/298320043/
> change orchestra.ly as before.
> Try a full `make doc' and report back later.
>
> I suspect we have two problems (at least).

I manage to compile for amd64 architecture currently.  In the process I
likely hosed my system to a degree where I will not be able to run it
with a 32bit kernel or GNOME any time soon again.  On the plus side,
I've been able to hibernate a few times (not possible before).

But I should be good for testing 64bit compilation now.  Not so sure
about 32bit.