Re: Stepping up, contributor mentoring

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Stepping up, contributor mentoring
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 20:13:13 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>
To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 7:59 PM

> Graham you wrote Friday, December 02, 2016 6:34 PM
>

>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:37:04PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:
>>>
>>> Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:11 PM

>>> I've added you to SF as a Developer (gives you Read, Create, Update
>>> permissions for the LP Issues at
>>> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/ ).
>>
>> Hmm.  Sourceforge seems to have forgotten my account -- I couldn't
>> log in, and the recovery emails didn't work.  So I tried to create
>> a new account with the same username, and it appeared to work.
>> This is not encouraging.  :(
>>
>> It could simply be that I used to have an account there, and it
>> got confused because I created an account with the same name as a
>> deleted account.
>>
>> Could you please try adding "gperciva" to the SF Developer list
>> again?  If my suspicions are correct, this account will also
>> disappear, in which case I'll choose a different username.
>
> Hhm.  There seemed to be no problem when I added gperciva the
> first time - it filled in the field correctly with your name.
> However, when I returned to SF just now you were no longer in
> the Developer list.  So I added gperciva again, and again it's
> filled in your name correctly.  All looks normal...
>
> See if you can update one of the issues now.

Ah - I've just looked in the audit log, extracted below.  My
previous attempt to add you was removed because your account
had been deleted.

SF runs lots of things asynchronously - the deletion occurred
almost 24 hours after I added it.

2016-12-02 19:54:09 tdanielsmusic
  /p/testlilyissues/admin/groups/add_user
  add user gperciva to Developer
2016-11-30 22:14:03 sf-robot
  Removed user from role: Developer because the associated account has been
deleted.
2016-11-29 23:26:37 tdanielsmusic
  /p/testlilyissues/admin/groups/add_user
  add user <REDACTED> to Developer