Re: website: texinfo macros for both ID and classes

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website: texinfo macros for both ID and classes
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:35:59 -0800

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 11:49:27AM -0500, Paul wrote:
> For the website I'm thinking about adding a macro that can create a div with
> both an ID and classes.

Why?  What problem would this solve?

> This would be good to have in general and more intuitive for
> those used to html.

I'm not convinced.

Before changing the underlying texinfo macros, much less the build
system or language used (which is not what Paul is suggesting, but
I know that those ideas are out there), I'd like to see somebody
make an honest effort at working on the CSS.

In particular, to make the website look acceptable on small
screens.  This would take 2-5 hours, depending on how familiar
that person is with CSS and web browser testing.

I don't think that's too much to ask.  If nobody is prepared to
even do that much, then we certainly don't want them to spend time
and effort on larger redesigns that may never be completed.  I'm
available to mentor this task.