Trialling with GUB & Docker I got stuck trying to bootstrap GUB @darwin-

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Trialling with GUB & Docker I got stuck trying to bootstrap GUB @darwin-ppc::odcctools
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 20:07:32 +0100

I’m experimenting with Docker and as a nice trial project that would also allow
me to build MacOS custom builds of lilypond I decided on trying to get GUB up
and running in a Docker container on my Mac (Docker’s for Mac 1.12.3).

Looking at lilypond.org/gub all I would need is a Linux environment with some
basic tools installed, so I went off starting with a bare Docker CentOS7 image

yum-installed
git
python
gcc
gcc-c++

created a regular user for GUB, switched to that user and cloned the GUB repo
of Graham Percival

then gub bootstrap ran into missing make

so I yum installed make to get it in place

then gub bootstrap ran into missing msgfmt

so I yum installed gettext to get it in place

And then gub bootstrap decided to fail with an error on darwin-ppc::odcctools
which I (not having done prior cross-platform builds nor any serious
development on linux boxes) could not find an explanation for… hope one of you
could shine some light on it:

building package: darwin-ppc::odcctools
 *** Stage: download (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: untar (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
 *** Stage: patch (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
sh: ./32bit: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

Tail of target/darwin-ppc/log/odcctools.log >>>>>>>>
    invoking cd /home/gub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/odcctools-278 && patch -p1
< /home/gub/gub/patches/odcctools-config-Wno-long-double.patch
    patching file configure
    patching file configure.ac
    invoking setup_linux_x86 ()
<<<<<<<< Tail of target/darwin-ppc/log/odcctools.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/gub", line 233, in exceptional_build
    build (settings, options, files)
  File "bin/gub", line 229, in build
    b.build_source_packages (names)
  File "bin/../gub/buildrunner.py", line 334, in build_source_packages
    self.spec_build (spec_name)
  File "bin/../gub/buildrunner.py", line 262, in spec_build
    deferred_runner.execute_deferred_commands ()
  File "bin/../gub/runner.py", line 167, in execute_deferred_commands
    cmd.execute (self.logger)
  File "bin/../gub/commands.py", line 172, in execute
    return self.func (logger, *self.args)
  File "bin/../gub/cross.py", line 230, in setup_linux_x86
    raise Exception ('Package %(name)s depends on 32 bit libraries''' % locals
())
Exception: Package Odcctools depends on 32 bit libraries
*** Failed target: darwin-ppc::odcctools
  cross/gcc conflicts with cross/gcc-core
    non-core cross/gcc already installed
      skipping request to install cross/gcc-core
  cross/gcc-doc conflicts with cross/gcc-core
    non-core cross/gcc already installed
      skipping request to install cross/gcc-core
  cross/gcc-runtime conflicts with cross/gcc-core
    non-core cross/gcc already installed
      skipping request to install cross/gcc-core
  glibc conflicts with glibc-core
    non-core glibc already installed
      skipping request to install glibc-core
  glibc-doc conflicts with glibc-core
    non-core glibc already installed
      skipping request to install glibc-core
error: cannot run 32 bit executable: 32bit

make: *** [cross-compilers] Error 1