Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:46:33 +0100

Am 14.12.2016 um 18:03 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
On 14.12.2016 14:54, Knut Petersen wrote:
With a music function \autoextenders that adds extender events to every
syllable you
- can be sure never to forget extenders,
- can be sure never to generate too short extenders
- can use the same lyrics definition for voices that require extenders at
different places.

Nobody is forced to use \autoextenders, manual definition is still possible.

Would it be possible/wanted to have this triggered by a context property as
well? I for one would prefer that, it’s easier to use.

LyricEvents are generated by the following code in music-functions.scm:

(define-public (make-lyric-event string duration)
  (make-music 'LyricEvent
              'duration duration
              'text string))

Here only a few lines of code are enough to add LyricExtender events for every
syllable by default.
Of course we  would need to disable the warning about more than one extender
event.

But do we want to enable lyric extenders by default?

Cheers,
 Knut