Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:34:09 +0100

Hi Alexander, hi everybody!

And we might need to offer a way to remove a LyricExtender event. Unless we go
the radical route and ...

After a bit of thinking I'd say: go the radical route.

Attached is a patch against current master that implements it that way. An
additional no-extender property
is added that can only be overridden by the force-extender property.

 If a user doesn't want it, we need to provide a function \extenderOff (that
translates, e.g., to \override LyricExtender.stencil = ##f).

\layout {
    \Lyrics
    \override LyricExtender.no-extender = ##t
}

Only thing to consider there: We'd need a "stop sign" for extenders that shall
only extend to some point in a _ _ _ sequence, as required in a divisi lyrics setting.

"" and \markup\null are usefull, see 5th exampled in attached lyrextest.ly/pdf

I know that the documentation would need some work, but there is no reason to
start with that until
it is known that the changed code would be accepted.

Please test ...

cu,
 Knut