Arrow-glyphs in Feta (was: \arrow markup command)

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Arrow-glyphs in Feta (was: \arrow markup command)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 16:59:10 +0100

On 23.12.2016 22:34, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Why does the Feta font have one glyph for each of the 4 directions in which an arrow head generated with \arrow-head can point? Why not simply rotate one glyph in the first place? (I’m sure the Metafont code does just that, though it would strike me more logical to do it on a ‘higher’ level.)

Can anyone comment on this Feta question?

Best, Simon