Re: Allow fixed spacing of symbols in church rests (issue 319910043 by a

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Allow fixed spacing of symbols in church rests (issue 319910043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 08:59:53 -0800

On 2016/12/29 17:47:46, david.nalesnik wrote:
Please review.  Thanks!

I haven't reviewed the code, but the description makes me wonder, is the
current behavior not a bug?  Gould says "In tradition engraving," which
appears to be her term for the style using church rests, "a rest bar
takes the space the graphic symbol needs ..." (Behind Bars, p.565).
Although she goes on to recommend against "tradition engraving," it
seems that the bars should be sized to the rests, not the other way
around.

Is it important to preserve the old algorithm at all?  If not, call it a
bug and throw it out.  If it is important to preserve, could it be
handled with a conversion rule so that your new algorithm can be the
default?

https://codereview.appspot.com/319910043/