[2.20] Issue 4943 Manual page breaking causing assertion failure using W

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: [2.20] Issue 4943 Manual page breaking causing assertion failure using Windows
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 17:03:01 +0100

This replies to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-01/msg00010.html

> Hmm. No, agreed, not ready for release yet. This one prevents me using
> Lilypond on Windows for anything other than pathologically small projects
> (i.e. nothing that's actually useful).
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4943/
>
> We've traced the symptom of the crash down to Assertions being raised since
> some point in 2.19, but AFAIK the cause is still unknown.
>
> I've tried to create a symbols build so we can trace back / debug, but Gub
> is simply not working for me. I don't really have the time to investigate
> the Lilypond bug (which I have motivation to do), so I really don't have
> time to investigate why Gub isn't working (which I really don't have
> motivation for).
>
> I've given up trying to make an instrumented build of Lilypond for
> Windows/Mingw now, so if anybody else is able to create one for me that'd
> be very welcome.
>
> Chris_

Hi Chris,

I've just reread the Rietveld-discussion about
Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar
https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/

I just wondered why autoLineBreaksOff/On was changed/extended by an
overrideProperty but _not_ autoPageBreaksOff/On.

So (completely shooting in the dark) may I ask you to test the following:

autoLineBreaksOff = {
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission ##f
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = ##f
}
autoLineBreaksOn = {
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission #'allow
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = #'allow
}
autoPageBreaksOff = {
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission ##f
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f
}
autoPageBreaksOn = {
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission #'allow
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = #'allow
}

autoBreaksOff = { \autoLineBreaksOff \autoPageBreaksOff }
autoBreaksOn = { \autoLineBreaksOn \autoPageBreaksOn }

{ \repeat unfold 22 b2
  \autoPageBreaksOff
  %\autoBreaksOff
  \repeat unfold 320 b2