Re: Issue 3830: Document \offset command (issue 319150043 by address@hid

From: david . nalesnik
Subject: Re: Issue 3830: Document \offset command (issue 319150043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:38:21 -0800

I've posted an extensive rewrite which hopefully addresses all the
concerns.  I think the result is a lot more user-friendly.

Note that I did not change the argument-name "offsets".

My preference would be to use "displacements" here, because I think it
is exactly expressive of its use.  The documentation of \shape in the NR
uses displacements.

In second place would be "offsets."  (Interestingly, the listing of
"shape" in Available Music Functions uses "offsets," in contrast with
the NR documentation.  I suppose I'm responsible for the function
docstring.  IIRC, Trevor wrote the \shape documentation.)

I've left it as-is for the moment, to invite other opinions.

https://codereview.appspot.com/319150043/