LaissezVibrerTie and LaissezVibrerTieColumn

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: LaissezVibrerTie and LaissezVibrerTieColumn
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:03:38 +0200

Hi all,

here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5220/#f5aa/ed76
I wrote that \parenthesize\laissezVibrer does not work because
LilyPond tries to parenthesize LaissezVibrerTieColumn as well.

And indeed, with the code below _two_ grobs are affected:
LaissezVibrerTieColumn and LaissezVibrerTie

{
  c'1
     -\tweak after-line-breaking #(lambda (grob) (write grob))
     -\laissezVibrer
}

This looks fishy.
While the proposed check for interval-sane? at the tracker may be a
good thing at its own, I found changing laissez-vibrer-engraver.cc

-  if (!lv_column_)
-    lv_column_ = make_item ("LaissezVibrerTieColumn", cause);

+  if (!lv_column_)
+    {
+      lv_column_ = make_item ("LaissezVibrerTieColumn", SCM_EOL);
+    }

seems to cure it.
Though, I'm hardly knowing what I'm doing here...

Is this appropiate?

Cheers,
  Harm