Re: Is Patchy running?

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Is Patchy running?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 10:12:40 +0000 (GMT)

Dan,

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 01:36:19 +0100, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dan Eble <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Is Patchy running?  I uploaded a few changes for review yesterday but
> > I’ve seen no activity in the tickets since then.
>
> Review-patchy has not been running since we were thrown off Google
> Code.  James runs the equivalent manually when he has time.

Yes David is correct. I do run the patches manually. Others have been known to
also test patches ;) but you have to make sure that you do a full reg test and
full make doc which can take a long time on some machines, I had a relatively
powerful machine/server at home and work and so don't mind running patches
manually.

But this is more convention than 'rule'.

I do try to get to most patches daily - I can test patches while at work with
relatively little effort - but occasionally I run out of time or don't get a
chance.

> > One thing I did notice was a a series of emails telling me that "Your
> > message to Testlilyissues-auto awaits moderator approval”.  Would that
> > block patch testing?
>
> I think James is one of the moderators, so no.

I am not a moderator, but as long as the Source Force Tracker fields are set
such that I am aware that a Patch is ready for testing or if I see a random
email to Dev with a Rietveld item from a non-familiar dev (e.g. drive by patch)
I usually catch most of them.

If by any chance I miss stuff, I usually end up catching it on the 3 day
countdown as I asses what is in the queue or what should be in the queue but
has not, for example, had a tracker created or where a manually created tracker
has not had the 'correct' fields set (which is why we try to encourage the use
of git-cl, as that sets it all for you).

Anyway, I am aware of you three patches and will get to them today.

Regards

James