Re: Problem rendering initial dynamics?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Problem rendering initial dynamics?
Date: 14 Nov 2001 22:20:08 +0100

Cole Tuininga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 11:58, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> > On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 11:37, David Boersma wrote:
> > > Hello Cole,
> > >
> > > AFAIK the recommended way to get postscript output is a twostep process:
> > >
> > > ly2dvi Devienne_1.ly
> > > dvips Devienne_1.dvi -o Devienne_1.ps
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestions - however, the ly2dvi does not seem to be
> > happy with my formatting at all.  Do I have to add formatting to get the
> > file to be happy/compatible with ly2dvi?
>
> [snip]
>
> Well, I think I've found a bug in ly2dvi - it doesn't like spaces in the
> filenames.  *grin*  That explains the above.  Now, I'm getting the
> following:

Hmm.  I took a quick look at this, but the real problem seems to be
that latex can't handle file names with spaces; at least, I can't get
latex to compile a filename with spaces in it.  We could kludge around
that, but I'm not in favour of such a kludge.

If you know how to get latex to accept spaces in filenames, fixing
ly2dvi should be rather easy.

Jan.