Re: Lyrics alignment again

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics alignment again
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:38:43 +0100

> Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy writes:
>  >
>  > I saw the question posted earlier re lyrics alignment, but I can't quite
>  > tell whether it adresses my problem, so sorry if I'm being repeticious.
>  >
>  > I have Lyrics in between two staves in a StaffGroup. This way bar lines go
>  > all across from the top staff to the bottom one.
>  >

>  >
>  > Am I missing something? Does 1.4.9 have a feature to deal with this and
>  > should I upgrade? Any advice will be appreciated.
>  >
> Hi,
>
> What I wrote about 1.4.9 certainly will give you an easier way to
> control the lyric placement. But what I think you need is to use
> \context ChoirStaff rather than StaffGroup and then there will be no
> barlines in between the staves.

An alternative, if you want to keep the barlines, is to
use the same trick as in the example file
input/star-spangled-banner.ly, namely to redifine the LyricsVoice
context to include the Bar_engraver:

\score{
  \paper{
    \translator {
      \LyricsVoiceContext
      \consists "Bar_engraver"

This trick, together with illustrations of many other features,
can also be found in the "Regression Test" document on the WWW page.

   /Mats

  /Mats