Re: stanza numbering

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: stanza numbering
Date: 11 Dec 2001 09:11:23 -0500

    Thomas> Christmas is approaching and so I'm typesetting some Christmas
songs.
    Thomas> Attached to this email you should a version of one. Obviously, the
numbering
    Thomas> of the stanzas isn't satisfying. Any ideas how this can be
improved?

A quick and dirty thing that I do when I don't feel like typing the
real thing is:

        textstrophea = \lyrics { "1. Es"

You can try the following and see if you like it better:

    textstrophea = \lyrics {
        \property LyricsVoice . StanzaNumber \override #'visibility-lambda =
#all-visible
\property LyricsVoice . stz = "1."
Es
\property LyricsVoice . StanzaNumber \revert #'visibility-lambda

In your case, it might not make much difference.  I have to use it
because I have an incipit showing the range of the part and the
original first note, which shouldn't have lyrics at all.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
(If I haven't invited you to my party on December 16, I'm sure it's an
oversight.)