Re: Downloading manual

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: Downloading manual
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:41:18 +0200

CGS> I am trying to download the manual, but when doing so and trying to
CGS> open with gzip -d it says it is not the correct type. I am using
CGS> Windows 2k and I have tried to change the extension but it does not work.

I'm not an expert at all, but I reckon will do the trick:

      gunzip -c lilypond.ps.gz

CGS> Is there a form to get a PDF version of the Manual with the tutorial
included.

Since I personally have a preference for PDF format, I just sent a
PDF conversion of the manual (heavy) in a second message (and thus not
kludging everybody elses account!).

I might remark that Distiller doesn't do such a great job after all,
and I'm guessing it's because he doesn't have those Type 1 fonts
processed by Mats...

Jérémie