beam_breaking

From: David Bobroff
Subject: beam_breaking
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 14:13:08 +0000

Another beam problem: I have a group of 12 32nd notes that I want broken
like this;

                12
__________________________________
________________   _______________
______    ______   ______   ______
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

In other words, at the half-way point I want only one beam.  At the 1/4 and
3/4 points I want two beams.  This is what I've tried and it isn't working:

\score{
 \notes{
        \clef "bass"
        \key d \minor
        \time 4/4
        \times 8/12 {a,32( cis') \property Voice.stemRightBeamCount = #2 e'
\property Voice.stemLeftBeamCount = #2 e'( cis' \property
Voice.stemRightBeamCount = #1 )a, \property Voice.stemLeftBeamCount = #1
a,( d' )f' f'( d' )a,}

I've also tried it with explicit beaming marks [ ], and it hasn't worked,
either.

Thanks,

David Bobroff