Articulation marks and bar rests

From: Guido Amoruso
Subject: Articulation marks and bar rests
Date: 04 Jul 2002 22:53:22 +0200

Hi, people!

It is the first time I write to this list, but I've been reading for
several months. I have some things to ask so I'll start now - but I'll
continue when I've more time...

1. Is it possible to insert a "bar rest" without writing the whole bar's
length? That is: in 4/4 time I write "R1", in 2/4 "R2", but in 5/8 I
have to write "R2 R8". I'd like something like a plain "R".

2. Is there a way to set the default articulation mark for notes? I
mean: it happens very often than there are a lot of notes with
"staccato" and it is uncomfortable to write them all with "-." .
Probably it would be useful whether articulation marks' behaviour were
similar to the note-relative-pitch and note-duration one; or is it
possible to set some general properties?

For now that's all!
I'm sorry whether I haven't read the docs carefully enough....

Thank you in advance!

Guido Amoruso