Re: midi2ly I have the solution *.so -> *.dll

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: midi2ly I have the solution *.so -> *.dll
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:00:54 +0200

address@hidden writes:

[redirected again to lilypond-user]

> I tried your proposal but it dosn't work :
> so I tried to copy the midi.so file into the internal python module
> dir, than I copied midi.so
> to midi.pyo  nothing
> to midi.pyc  nothing   python says: Bad magic number ! ah the
> extension is important
> so I investigate the kind of executable, it could be an dll after: cp
> midi.so midi.dll      the midi2ly works

Thanks.  I'll fix this for the next release.

> to the question notes without heads:
> I do not have gsview in the installation - I installed this separately
> from cygwin.

Again, it looks like you have a font problem.  Should have nothing to
do with ghostscript.  Run

    ly2dvi --verbose -P example-1.ly

and send the output of that testrun to lilypond-user.

> Which packages install not only ghostscript but also gsview ? in the
> cygwin installation
> my normal gsview has no -P option I installed
> 6.51-4                     Keep
> Graphics                 ghostscript: A Postsc
> 7.05-1                     Keep
> Graphics                 ghostscript-base: A F
> 7.05-1                     Keep
> Graphics                 ghostscript-x11: A P xdvi doesn't work

> liblCE.dll could not be found (which package is that)

libICE.dll, if you mean that, is part of XFree86.

> What do I minimal need in the ly-file so that I convert it to midi?
> (I could not convert foo.ly)

\score, some notes, and a \midi {} block.  Have a look at the
documentation at

http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/lilypond.html

Jan.