Re: Question about ties

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Question about ties
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:39:46 +0000

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:13:12 Laurent Duperval wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the docs, There is the following:
>
> When ties are used with chords, all note heads whose pitches match are
> connected. Ties are indicated using the tilde symbol `~'. If you try
> to tie
> together chords which have no common pitches then no ties will be
> created.
>
> I see that in my output, the ties appear properly (in the DVI file).
> But in
> the MIDI file, some ties work, some others don't. What's the rule?
>
> Thanks,

Midi can't handle more than one voice on a lilypond staff.
Unfortunately,
no one wants to change from staff to voice context for midi
voices.  If
you put each voice on a separate staff to make a midi version
it will work.

That is easier with sly too, because you don't have
to edit your notes, you can use the same notes with
any number of different .ly files.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden