Jazz Fonts And Chord Notation

From: rsff
Subject: Jazz Fonts And Chord Notation
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:02:02 +0000

Hey,

So many cool things are going on. So I'd like to add to the Chorus of the
Wishlist. Do there are actually Two.

The first one are Jazz Fonts. The sort you find in "The Real Book" (the
unpublished, unnumbered, illegal but standart book, which carries all of  the
the Jazz "Standards".)

The other one are better Chord Notation engine. We have some funky Chord
Notations here in Brasil, especially the ones used the Hermeto Pascoal, where
he write:

C7/
    D4568

The D456 (The numbers are superscribed), means that you have to play (on the
piano)

Left Hand - C Dominant 7th Chord
Right Hand - D; G; A; B-Natural; D.

In general though, It would be nice if we could "Customize" our chords, so
that you can put anything you want before it and after it. For example, I
would really like to be able to do

C7(#13)
    (  11)
    (  #9)
           /D4568

And things similar. . . . .
(I hate having "wishes" and not being able to contribute).
Great Job Guys, really COOL!!!!
Fabio

PS: If I could get XVoice to work, Lilypond Input would become SO MUCH FASTER.
. . .