Re: Flamenco beat patterns

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Flamenco beat patterns
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:56:05 +0000

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:09:23 Laurent Duperval wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have some flamenco beat patterns they can/are willing to
> share with me? I'm only talking percussions here, just so I can hear
> what it's really supposed to sound like (provided the MIDI output can
> generate the proper sounds). Soleares, seguiriyas, etc.?

Old recordings by people like Sabicas are your
best bet.  Yes, and those are quintuplets in
there.  ;-)

Alegrias, Soleares, and Bulerias have accents so:

123 123 123 123

The smart thing to do is count 12 instead of 3, but people
aren't used to seeing it that way.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden