Re: Bar size (2nd time)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Bar size (2nd time)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:23:50 -0700

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:26:08 +0200 (CEST)
Maurizio Tomasi <address@hidden> wrote:
> You can see how the first 25 bars are rests which are combined in a single
> multimeasure rest. This bar is too much wide, and the first two lines of
> music are tightly spaced. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, no solution here.  I tried playing with it, and got a wierd result --
with paper26 (and the default, 16) Lily had the first 25 bars of rest and
four bars of notes on the first line.  With paper13, Lily -only- put the
rests on the first line.

My first thought was that you had a \break laying around somewhere, but
I couldn't grep any.

This looks like a real bug to me...

> Another question: if you look at bar 48, the left hand staff has a clef
> change which steals space to the right hand staff (the last note - "a" -
> in the right hand staff is distant from the next barline). This is not
> necessary, since the left hand staff has a lot of free space where to
> place the bass clef even without shifting notes in the right hand staff.
> The effect is not pleasant, since the whole bar seems to be too much
> "empty".

The same thing happens at bar 39, but it doesn't happen at bar 54.  Again,
I have no clue -- I'm just tossing out more info in case somebody else
can solve it.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham