more Scandinavian2 follow-up

From: David Bobroff
Subject: more Scandinavian2 follow-up
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:14:02 +0000

Well, I seem to have gotten around the problem somehow.  I managed to get
the title page of the score in .ps with my Icelandic text and then with
GSview I got it converted to .pdf and when printing with Acrobat I found
that there was a magic checkbox to auto-rotate/fit and it came out of the
printer on a4 in landscape mode.  I'm using this for proofing, the full
printout will be on a3 but my printer can't handle paper that large.

But now a related question about font encoding:

As I saw when working on this problem the *.latex output of lilypond seems
to include \usepackage[t1]{fontenc}.  I infer from this that the ec fonts
would then be used.  Apparently it is not so simple.  Is there a plan to
make it so that the ec fonts are used?  Also, for typesetting songs, or
even titles, in a non-Roman alphabet, like Russian, it would be useful to
be able to call on some Babel type of switch.

Cheers,

David Bobroff