Help request: multiple staffs and lyrics

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Help request: multiple staffs and lyrics
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:01:15 +0100

Hallo,

I've a question regarding multiple staffs and multiple sets of lyrics.

I'm trying to type-set music for a choir. This involves 2 staffs (one
for Soprano and Altos, one for Tenor and Bass). I need the lyrics
for Soprano and Alt to be displayed below the upper staff, and the
lyrics for the Tenor and Bass below the lower staf. Also, sometimes
the rythm in the upper voices differs from the lower voices. I have
trouble getting lilypond to type-set this correctly.

Can anyone type-set this (obviously fake) example for me?

Soprano:
\notes { c'1 }
\lyrics { one }

Altos
\notes { g'2 g'2}
\lyrics {one two}

Tenor
\notes { e'4 e'4 e'4 e'4 }
\lyrics { one two three four }

Bass
\notes { c8 ( c4 c4) c4 c8 }
\lyrics {one two three four}

Perhaps this should be a part of the tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

Christ van Willegen ('Frits' to certain people on this list...)