Re: multiple \scores in a lily-book included file?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: multiple \scores in a lily-book included file?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:42:19 -0500

On Monday 17 March 2003 10:27 am, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2003 09:03 am, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 March 2003 11:30 pm, Hans Forbrich wrote:
> > > I agree to a certain extent.  Judicious use of < music > and {
> > > music } and \break - along with a very strict naming rules
> > > (drawing on years of large project s/w coding experience) -
> > > helped me recently (70+ page Cantata). You are however quite
> > > correct - the source score blocks are very, very ugly.
> > >
> > > I could also request the reverse - having an external file
> > > containing the music assigned to an Identifier, I'd love to be
> > > able to 'extract bars 3-8' into the current score.
> >
> > Sly gets the notes out of the .ly file.  All you would have to do
> > is copy the .sly score, delete lines 1-2 and 9-x, and run sly.
> > If you want both the long and short, you would have a different
> > name on the new includes. Not a problem.
> > DaveA
>
> I should have mentioned the situation with the level
> of includes with lilypond-book.  It is a feature, not a bug, because
> otherwise you find yourself spending a lot of time staring at the
> screen watching unnecessary recompiles.  Your script can make a
> date-stamped copy (%dateandtime at the bottom)
> of the envelope nonotes.ly file (nonotes-copy.ly) whenever you change
> its included notes and the .lytex file should include the copy rather
> than the original.
>
> Also, I'm not at all sure whether it is a feature of lilypond-book,
> LaTeX, or TeX.
>
> Could this be the problem with the multiple scores?  If the first c
> scale is included, make a change
> in that and see if the product changes.

I fear that it might not be clear that of course you include a
lilypond.ly file in a lilypondbook.lytex file with \lilypondfile{} not
\include.  I did not mean to say the latter, and I didn't, because
I didn't type a backslash. DaveA

--
Lies are the first casualty of peace.
dra@ or http://www.openguitar.com