Re: Font problem when upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.6.8-2; (Cygwin)

From: Warren Stickney
Subject: Re: Font problem when upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.6.8-2; (Cygwin)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:32:29 +1200

I have only used Lily since Version 1.6.5, and this, too, under Cygwin gave
lyrics in an unattractive typewriter font.  I was quite unaware that earlier
versions had provided a better option, or else may have raised the issue
myself.

Although the outcome is readable under "paper20," it is not useable under
"paper16."  Not only are inter-character spacings very ugly indeed, making
them difficult to read, but sometimes the initial letters of some words are
just not displayed (or printed).  I found in an example that these were all
words beginning with the letter "f"  and up to 2 letters were missed out.
The "f"'s only, being dropped, may have just been a coincidence of course.

Warren Stickney
Wellington,
New Zealand
E-mail : address@hidden