Re: follow voice in larger score?

From: Peter Lutek
Subject: Re: follow voice in larger score?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:02:34 -0400

to follow up on my own question of a few days ago:

i've found that follow.Voice is also functional in a StaffGroup context, and that one can fill the spaces voided by the translated voice with rests. this makes follow.Voice useful in the context of a larger score, to indicate where one instrument carries on a line started by another.

here's an example:

\score {
   \notes \relative c'
   \context StaffGroup <
   \property StaffGroup.followVoice = ##t
   \context Staff=one \context Voice {
       c1
       \translator Staff=three
       b2 a
   }
   \context Staff=one { \skip 1 R1 }
   \context Staff=two {\clef tenor d4 e f g f e d c }
   \context Staff=three {\clef bass R1 \skip 1 }

   \paper{
   raggedright = ##t

perhaps there are some gremlins hiding in this scheme, which will bite me at some point.... but for now it looks plausible. comments, anyone?

-p

Peter Lutek wrote:

is it possible to implement voice-following lines in scores with more than two staves? the documentation only refers to piano staff contexts.

-p