question on putting music in lilypond format

From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT
Subject: question on putting music in lilypond format
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a been of an odd, possibly debatable question. What are the "rules"
or at least opinions on buying sheet music and putting it lilypond format
to reprint it later? This is all for personal use, but I would like to
respect the people who deserve it. Of course I could technically photocopy
it and keep a master, but this would be far easier in the long run.

And, if this is acceptable, are there any hints for making it easier?
Shortcuts with vim, or certain programs, etc.

Thanks,

        Bryan