Re: rehearsal marks conflict with bar numbers

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: rehearsal marks conflict with bar numbers
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:08:59 -0700

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:40:46 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> >\translator{ \ScoreContext RehearsalMark \override #'padding = #1.5 }
> >
> >That's if you stick it in the \paper{} section.  You need to change it
> >if you want to do that within the \notes{} section.
> >
> Where do I read about how to do that?  I can't seem to get that
> translator to work with other translators.

I learned about it from the mailing list and the "tips and tricks" section.
I'm not certain if it's introduced in the manual (although there are a few
examples that use it).

Yes, it probably _should_ be introduced in the manual; it's on my big list
of "things I'd like to add".

> to change local padding, etc. for various objects.  The internals helped
> find the properties after I figured out it is now called Program
> reference. <cid:part1.04070002.00000404@ultrasw.com>
> Any suggestions as to where to read?  Is there an inheritance diagram or
> some source code I can look at to see how the objects are related?

I don't know of any complete diagram, but many objects say "Grob Foo is a
member of the Bar class, and can contain Oof and Rab grobs".

HTH,
- Graham