Re: piano_reduction & grand_score

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: piano_reduction & grand_score
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:06:13 -0400

On Saturday 18 October 2003 02:42 am, neuro wrote:
> Yes, It works :)  Thank Mats very much !-)
> But, I have 2 more questions.
>
> (
> I have to put the part notes on the same grand_score.ly or
> pian_reduction.ly, with small modification of disabling the
> % \property Staff.transposing = #-number
> in the piano_reduction.ly when there is
> \transpose c' f  \hornpart
> , for the midi output seemed to be deviated with Staff.transposing
> property )
>
> My next questions are:
>
> 1) If I separate the orchestral parts in various files like
> horn.ly , clarinet.ly , flute.ly , ...
> how do I call them in the grans_score.ly and piano_reductin.ly ?
> Do they go like the files I showed appended here ?

Recommended way using scorename.sly:

hornpart = {\notes \transpose {etc:...
    \include "scorename-pt1.ly"
}}
pianohornpart = {\notes etc:...
    \include "scorename-pt1.ly"
}

more parts....

\score...
    \hornpart
        \pianohornpart

It is better to put as little material of your parts as possible into
the score block, regardless of whether you are \including notes,
because it is easier to find stuff that way.

When you're all done, run lyinclude on the scores and parts
and all of "scorename-pt1.ly"'s contents will be written into the files.
daveA