Re: accidental spacing/placement issue

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: accidental spacing/placement issue
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:09:22 -0700

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:35:56 -0400
Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I seem to be running into a situation where accidentals are not
> spacing quite right.
>
> Here is the input:
> r <fs c'! e!> <fs c' ef> | r <f! b e!> <f b ef>

It looks good to me -- if you move the sharp over to be directly under
the natural sign, I think they'd be touching.  I doubt it's a bug -- perhaps
the developers use a different set of engraving rules?  I have virtually no
knowledge of engraving practice, but I think LilyPond's output looks good.

Does it look very bad to you?  If you really need to change it, I think
that extra-offset is the way to do it.

Cheers,
- Graham