Trouble starting Lilypond

From: KirkORiordan
Subject: Trouble starting Lilypond
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:42:13 EST

Hi--

I have downloaded the software, and installed it, but when I try to start the program (by clicking on lilypond-bin, I get a message that it can't run because the computer cannot locate cygwin1.dll  . I have reinstaled everythign everal times, but I get the same message. What should I try?

I am using a Dell P4 1.6 ghz, Windows XP.

Also, once I get it going, how do I import a Finale 2004 file into Lilypond?

Thank you!

Kirk O'Riordan