newbie question

From: Silvio Segantini
Subject: newbie question
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:57:54 +0100

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the list and to lilypond. Thanks to the encouraging of Nicolas
Sceaux, i made my first steps in to this program.

I was really scared by lilypond syntax, but now, after just a week-end of
practice, i realize that it IS much more easy then i thought! great!

well, now the question. It should be a really basic things, i guess, still
i'm not able to fix it. As exercise, I have begun coping  the first of
bach's Dreistimmige inventionen, but i'am not able to employ correctly the
Automatic staff changes. The third voice should be notated alternatively in
the upper or in the lower staff, depending by its texture, but in my example
doesn't move from the upper staff. What is wrong with my use of \autochange
staff?

I have successfully tried manually, with \translator Staff, but in that case
the steams were not automatically placed in the right direction.
thank very much for your help!

Silvio