Re: denemo-0.7.1 How to install on Mac OS X 10.2.8 ???

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: denemo-0.7.1 How to install on Mac OS X 10.2.8 ???
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:02:27 +0200

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 22:49, Walter Hofmeister wrote:
> On 12/6/03 3:07 AM, "nikolai zinke" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'am at the very beginning of lilypond stuff.
> > I've found an interesting tool at sougeforge :
> >
> > denemo-0.7.1
> >
> > In the mailing list there are a lot of topics around that, but there
> > is'nt any mail
> > how to install on Mac OS X 10.2.8 !
> > At this time I'm using lilypond 2.0.1 and I guess there are all items
> > installed I need to run it.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your responses,
> >
> > regards, Niko
> Niko,
>     I installed Denemo on my mac by running and installing with Fink. You
> will need an X11 system also installed to use it. It looked interesting to
> me at first but was unable to get basic things working like dotted note
> values. I suspect that there is a problem with the keyboard layout that is
> causing the problem but do not know how to solve it. Perhaps someone else on
> the list knows?

Everything should work there are some bugs especially if your using alsa
make sure to change the playback options to match your system.

I can't even figure out what your problem is. BTW denemo needs alsa libs
and alsa dev libs if I remember correctly.
there is in the edit menu a very good dialog for changing keyboard
shortcuts.
If you have specific questions let me know.
Aaron