guitar fingering -- attaching digits to noteheads

From: pd
Subject: guitar fingering -- attaching digits to noteheads
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:03:55 +0100

Hi,

Is there an easy way of attaching fingerings to noteheads?
Fingerings are used very frequently for guitar music I have been
recently trying to write in lilypond, and the default behaviour
of placing digits above stems is not acceptable for me.

It would be much easier to use extra-offset to place digits the
way I want if they were attached to noteheads.

Or maybe there is some other better way to control fingerings
position?

Thanks for any suggestions
Pawel Dzierzanowski